Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Next Day, The Next Hurdle: August 30, 2009

The morning light woke us at 6 am. We couldn't have taken in more than a few hours of sleep between nurse interruptions and memories of the previous 24 hours racing through our minds. As Laura drifted back to sleep I went to the room window and flatly stared at the parking lot below. I noticed the flags were at half-mast (in respect to Sen. Edward Kennedy) which I took the freedom to assign the honor to my daughter.

"The unfailing love of the Lord never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!' The Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait quietly for salvation from the Lord. And it is good for the young to submit to the yoke of his discipline... Can anything happen without the Lord's permission?"

Lamentations 3:22-27, 37

No comments:

Post a Comment